A Grand read

Friday, March 13, 2015

The Tangled Lives of William Sherman

Fierce Patriot: The Tangled Lives of William Tecumseh Sherman

Being Southern I was very interested in reading the truth about Shermon. I was not disappointed with this book!I recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about Sherman beyond the boundaries of the Civil War years. The tone of the book is informal and conversational.  There are some chapters that  were not the best but did I expect a northern general to live a "good" life? Of course not. I enjoyed this read because it showed me why Sherman was  hard hear-ted and always sad.
Sherman was all these things, a mixture of good , but his good was worldly! I selected this because I was interested in learning more about Sherman. 

 Part 1 gives us an overview of Sherman's life.Part 2 is about his military achievements and Part 3 discusses his personal life in detail. The book is very readable and kept me interested till the end

Well written, factual, and good photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment