A Grand read

Monday, November 24, 2014

Very Very good to say the least!

Bitesize Biographies Samuel Rutherford Book Cover

Most of us dont know  much about this man except he wrote the The Sands of Time are Sinking" .
This is the perfect size  not to heavy just enough for you to " fall in love" with this man of God. Do pick it up and read today!

Samuel Rutherford was a Scottish pastor who lived in the 1600s who underwent persecution along with other Christians under the reigns of Charles the I and II. How it grieved him when, during his early years at Anwoth, he saw little fruit: ‘I see exceedingly small fruit of my ministry. I would be glad of one soul to be my crown of joy on the day of Christ.’ (Rutherford, page 39) Follow  him into exile an see his faith rest on God alone.
Nor could Rutherford have envisioned in his wildest dreams that a collection of letters that he sent to friends from his exile in Aberdeen would rank among the most beloved Christian classics,
a timeless source of spiritual inspiration to millions of readers.

 The book talked about Rutherford’s enthusiasm for Jesus Christ and I also was  satisfied with 
the definition of Arminianism.  This is a belief that Rutherford criticized. While Arminianism does
 emphasize human free will in coming to Christ. Rutherford held that humans come
 to Christ solely by divine grace . Do read this book

The author also wrote Trial and Triumph which my sisters enjoyed!





A complimentary review copy was provided to me by Cross Focused Reviews (A Service of Cross Focused Media, LLC) and EP Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment