A Grand read

Friday, April 25, 2014

Boys Never read


I  love true stories but this one was different. It just never drew me into it and it also shocked me in many ways. It had a happy ending when mother finally meets her long lost daughter but there were so many things in it not worth hearing that even though I read it all I could not get into it!  If you want to read a great biography here is why I do not recommend it 1) you will learn about things in life you wish you never had to think about 2) Things you might know about but wish to forget. 3) Not a boys book! Men do not read.

. It begins with a sudden and terrible crime against a completely innocent schoolgirl that could have sentenced her to a life of tragedy. But Minka was no ordinary girl. After giving up the child the crime caused her to have, she began to search and wait for decades for the moment she knew somehow had to come—the moment when she would at last be reunited with her daughter. Authors Cathy LaGrow and Cindy Coloma, with the help of the families involved, have eloquently captured this magnificent story of tragedy overcome by love, hope, and perseverance.
 when Minka whispered her secret, impossible prayer for the first time: Lord, I’d like to see Betty Jane before I die. I promise I won’t bother her or interrupt her life. I just want to lay eyes on her. Unbeknownst to Minka, that very same day, a judge was releasing the sealed adoption records to her 77-year-old daughter. And soon, Minka’s phone would ring. Written by Cathy LaGrow (Minka’s granddaughter), The Waiting brings three generations of this most unusual family together over the course of a century to tell a story of faith that triumphs, forgiveness that sets us free, and love that never forgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment