A Grand read

Saturday, July 9, 2016

It was pretty good for the most part.

Skip Rock Shallows (Copper Brown, #3)  This  should  have been posted on the 5th. Sorry about this.


Don't ask me why I was reading this book. Actually, do because I have a valid explanation: I was given a copy of this book. . But this book is really not worth reading. I will admit I was interested in it and wanted to find out what happened . The writing wasn't terrible although there were confusing areas. I did not really like the girl to much of wanting to lead even when ,married. Also she left her husband to be very quickly fro a guy she had know when younger but had not seen in years. Are all love stories the same? (less)
This was my first book by this author.  Maybe  my last.  I felt the Gospel could have been clearer. Skip Rock Shallows by Jan Watson takes readers into a small coal town where at first the idea of a lady doctor is rejects. Only after saving a young miner she starts to win there trust but even then it is slow and not all want her there.  There wasn't a lot of drama, which i am thankful .A pleasantly rustic tale, set in the coal mining community of Skip Rock, Kentucky.

Lilly Corbett is a young woman who has set her foot on the rough path of being a lady doctor to a old fashioned, coal mining community.

No comments:

Post a Comment