A Grand read

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Forgivness











  •  The Truth About Forgiveness!

    This book lays out the fundamental importance of God’s forgiveness for the believer and the non-believer. MacArthur addresses several important issues in his seven simple chapters. He opens the book with a look at our utter sinfulness and need for a Savior. By starting with a portrait of humanity's total depravity, he sets the stage for the rest of the book:  "It is the good news that man's sin can be forgiven, guilt can be removed, life can have meaning, and a hopeful future can be a reality" (p. 16). MacArthur then goes on to show that forgiveness comes from God alone through Jesus Christ and the extent to which we are forgiven. It is a beautiful picture of the love of God toward His people. He brilliantly weaves together our sinfulness, our need for forgiveness, and the grace and love of God poured out on humanity through Jesus Christ.
    It reminded me how Jesus came to forgive sinner.  also that I am to follow Him and be like him.  Let me leave all my sin to follow after my Lord. . MacArthur went into much detail how God’s forgiveness is undeserved and how God truly wants to forgive, just like in the story of the Prodigal Son.  :Let me  like Jesus reach out and share the Gospel. First let us confess to each other and to God that we might be forgiven.
     MacArthur writes about God’s forgiveness simply yet exactly.
    The chapter I found crucial was the last chapter that addressed the need to forgive others. I know that the Lord will give me the strength I need to forgive and to be forgiven by Him.
    His way of writing is quick and easy to read and understandable. Every one must read this book! 
    Thank you Booksneeze for the opportunity to read this book.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment