A Grand read

Monday, May 5, 2014

Tessa book

You are left not wanting to put the book down. I received it in the mail today to review for an honest opinion. I picked up "Tessa" intending to read a few pages and found that I couldn't put the book down.

Tessa gets caught shoplifting. She is a teenager who is hungry so she doesn’t understand why it’s such a crime to steal something to eat; after all nobody probably would’ve missed what she’d taken if she hadn’t been caught. Tessa’s father is abusing her by making her work in his drug business and physically assaulting her, which leaves her with a lot of other emotional scars. She has two siblings whose whereabouts are unknown, and her mother and father don’t seem to care. I do think this book should be labeled “Young Adult” rather than “general” with the content and age of Tessa.

I loved how during Tessa’s journey people were sent into her life to help her to understand what her father was making her do with working for him in his illegal business was wrong, even though she thought she was in big trouble helping him when she really had no control over it.

The ending was kind of unexpected to me. After I read the last sentence in the book I was kind of thinking there would be more but I discovered it was the end when there was nothing on the following page. It made me kind of hope there will be another book coming so I can see what happens after that, and I hope that there will be.

This is a great book to help people understand that God dislikes our sins but that he offers a way of forgiveness and hope by turning to Jesus, and that people can learn to extend forgiveness for great wrongs that have been done to them through Jesus’ example as well.

 I do think this book should be labeled “Young Adult” rather than “general” with the content and age of Tessa.


No comments:

Post a Comment