A Grand read

Monday, August 3, 2015

A few good tips

Gaining by Losing by J.D. Greear

This book had a few good points but most of it lacked the depth I was looking for!  Some of the points that struck me were Every church can be a sending church. J.D. freely admits that the call to send is often a painful call, and it’s one that’s fraught with land mines along the way. However, he challenges the reader that change is possible through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. “If you are in a church resistant to new ideas, change only what you need to in order to reach a few new people, and then, as you do, celebrate those stories. That will help you get the capital you need to ‘purchase’ the next round of changes.” (p 199)

I was made to think people should  know your church is there!

I loved how  people could serve in their work but what I did not like was his swing on reaching people with  modern music. I won't say this book was totally a waist of time but the first few chapters about three  out of  12 chapters were profitable. 

I am still thankful for the book

No comments:

Post a Comment