A Grand read

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Not a favorite

 
A Friend in Me

This is  a new book which  gives advice to women on how to develop encouraging and beneficial friendships with other women. 
Being a friend is hard to do. It's hard to know when to speak and when to be silent. It's hard to know when to correct someone's thinking and when to just nod and hope she comes to the right conclusion on her own.
   I expected much of this book since I have for years, as we all  struggle with understanding friendships. However this book did not fulfill my personal needs.  She talks about how we should all have an older friend who can be our mentor to helps us through certain struggles in life.. I was entirely open to learning from her book but came away with less than I expected to glean from the chapters. 
That said, I am sure that this book will still help most readers. I just have had more opportunities to discuss relationships and such with family and friends and we've kind of gotten the information presented in the book on our own. Of course the BIBLE helps. ;) 

As a last note, I also looked up the author and found that I personally don't agree with certain opinions and stances she takes on current issues.


**I was provided a copy of this book for my honest review and opinion. All of the opinions here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment