A Grand read

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Risking all in America for Jesus

Hiding in the Light.

This is an amazing true story which took place in America.  It shows one the mindset of a Islamic person wherever he or  she is.This story will build ones faith.   I was impressed by the quality and depth of this book.  I finished this book in one day! I couldn't put it down.Furthermore, I am deeply moved when I read about the strength and depth of the faith of these converts. This one had a new twist since we do not often think of these things happening in our own land.

 In her own words she tells you what is was like to be raised in a devout Muslim home in Sri Lanka and then have her whole family move to the United States. Rifqa does an excellent job of describing the emptiness of practicing the Islamic faith and how the lack of hope from this religion can turn a household into warring factions and how abuse, both physical and psychological, in the home can become the norm.

“After four years of hiding my faith from my family, I knew that it was time. I wrote with shaky hands, ‘Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I refuse to deny him….’ There was no turning back now. I had to get out of that house if I wanted to live. Was this worth risking everything for? Yes.”
 
Rifqa Bary grew up in a devout Muslim home, obediently following her parents’ orders to practice the rituals of Islam. But God was calling her to freedom and love. He was calling her to true faith. He was calling her to give up everything.  

You will enjoy!

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."



 

No comments:

Post a Comment