A Grand read

Monday, October 6, 2014

A hard to read book

 This is about Robs work in the Uk. He writes "The Father is standing with open arms, inviting you in to experience all that he has created and called you to be. You have been saved for this"

I did not agree with the authors approach on many subjects.I was personally not impressed with this easy-to-read book. Although I struggle with several of the sins presented in it, I found the lessons pretty basic.   From a personal opinion, this book was nothing new

I read it several times but  jsut could not get into it. For Rob Peabody, the young pastor at a mega-church in southern USA, the realization that his faith had little real connection with the world around him meant that something had to change. He redirected his church towards the poor on their doorstep and then took the larger step of moving to the UK to establish the missional fellowship, 'Awaken.' 

I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reviewing the book, Val. I do appreciate it! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete